- There is a Nominating Committee, charged with "spreading the word" and encouraging people throughout the state and beyond to make nominations.
- A Selection Committee will review the nominations and select the honorees.
- No more than four individuals will be inducted annually.
- Nominations will remain on file for five years.
- It is not necessary to fill out the nomination application (pdf) in its entirety. The Selection Committee is most concerned with "why this person should be honored as a member of the Arkansas Business Hall of Fame." If necessary, the Selection Committee will refer any questions to the nominator.
- Nominees can be living or posthumous.
- All living inductees shall be at least 60 years of age at time of selection.
- To insure the viability, both financially and in retaining public interest and support, normally a maximum of two deceased nominees will be inducted in any one year.
- Nominees are to be Arkansans by birth or by choice.
- Equal consideration will be given to nominees who may have been born in Arkansas but their business achievements have been outside of Arkansas and to nominees whose accomplishments are primarily in Arkansas.
- Nominations are not limited to University of Arkansas graduates.
- The Selection Committee will consider the following when making their selection of honorees:
- Business: the nominee has made a significant impact as a business leader;
- Nominees are expected to have made a significant impact as a business leader and be recognized primarily as a business leader and for their managerial success.
- The preponderance of weight will be given to such accomplishments as starting and building a business and leading an established business to significantly greater achievements.
- Among the factors to be considered are industry recognitions, being an industry pioneer and/or leader, and recognition by others for achievements.
- Community: the nominee has had concern for improving his/her community as a business leader; and
- Ethics: the nominee has displayed the highest level of ethics in their business dealings.
- Beyond the criteria noted here, the Selection Committee has the responsibility and discretionary power to make their determinations from the pool of nominations submitted.
- Deadline for this year's nominations is June 1st.
Please refer any questions to the Office of External Relations at the Sam M. Walton College of Business at (479) 575-6146.