The core purpose of the Sam M. Walton College of Business Career Development Center is to provide students with knowledge, skills, and insight in the career development, professional development and employment processes.
To assist students with positive career explorations, whether their chosen career path includes pursuit of experiential educational experiences, pursuit of an advanced degree or the quest for post-graduation employment. The target market for our services includes the undergraduate and graduate Walton College student population and those employers and education institutions interested in recruiting the best.
We can help you...
- Develop a professional resume,
- Prepare for an upcoming interview,
- Develop a job/internship search plan with a career advisor and outline your job search,
- Understand ways for you to network with employers,
- Understand how salary negotiation works,
- Complete graduate school admission requirements,
- Begin to explore careers, and
- Become self-aware of your personality and work preferences.
Stop by the Career Center today or schedule an appointment
with a career advisor.
Please take our graduation career survey!
Make an Appointment with a Career Advisor
Career Development Center Disclaimer
The Career Development Center (CDC) serves as a referral source for jobs and other opportunities and generally cannot make specific recommendations regarding off- campus employers. The Center makes no guarantees about the positions listed by the Center. The CDC is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions or any other aspects of off-campus employment. While we expect employers to adhere to ethical standards, we are not able to research the integrity of each organization or individual that lists a job with us. Students and alumni are urged to ask good questions and use common sense when applying for any job or internships, particularly with respect to employment in a private home or other opportunities not affiliated with an established public or private sector organization. We encourage you to research prospective employers using resources made available by the Career Center, as well as other tools, such as the internet.
The CDC provides opportunities for University of Arkansas students and alumni to develop job-search skills and provides resources to help identify potential employment. The CDC does not guarantee job placement for students nor for alumni.
Please contact the Career Center with questions or if you believe any employer listing jobs or internships with the CDC has misrepresented opportunities or has otherwise engaged in unethical conduct concerning recruitment or employment practices.
Career Center Facilities - Willard J. Walker Hall
We also manage...
- Business Career Fairs
- Employer/student networking events
- A series of workshops and seminars with employer professionals to help train and promote awareness of issues related to the career planning and job search process
- Company Visits
- Online training resources for resume development, personality and skills assessment, as well as interview enhancement. Visit the Career Advising page for more information.
- Razorback CareerLink (CareerLink), an online job and internship search system that allows students to submit resumes for on-campus interviews and employment vacancy consideration. CareerLink lists internships, part-time and full-time jobs locally and nation-wide.
- Leadership Walton, a professional development program for students in the Sam M. Walton College of Business. Through a defined progression of professional development requirements, members complete 41 additional components or requirements, above their standard degree program, to successfully graduate from Leadership Walton. These components are broken down into three categories - academics, leadership, and career path management - and include attending academic lectures, completing community service projects, attending employer networking events and participating in social and dining etiquette training. For more information, visit WaltonCollege.uark.edu/Leadership.
Leadership Walton News
- We are now accepting applications for the next group of Leadership Walton participants. Apply online now!
- Follow us on Facebook.
- Click here for a list of upcoming events and opportunities to receive Leadership Walton credit.
Class of 2014 Job Outlook
Click the image below to view NACE’s Job Outlook for the class of 2014.