Undergraduate, Fall 2011 - Spring 2012
- 92% of graduates responded to the Career Center survey.
- 82% of job seeking graduates were employed at graduation.
- $47,856 is the average salary for an undergraduate business major.
- 72% of graduates were employed in the south (including Arkansas); Additional geographic disbursement is as follows: 19% employed in the southwest; 4% in the midwest; 1% in the west; 2% in the northeast and 2% internationally.
- Students received an average of 3 job offers during their job search.
- 21% of the fall and spring graduating classes, as a whole, will pursue advanced degrees after graduation.
- 84% of students employed or continuing education utilized a Career Center service.
- 52% of the graduating classes indicated they had participated in a work experience or internship while in school.
- 65% of those students who worked while in school indicated "financial need" as the principle reason for working.
Average Undergraduate Salaries by Major, Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 Graduates
- Accounting - $43,767; Median - $43,680
- Business Economics - $47,857; Median - $48,000
- Finance - $49,925; Median - $45,000
- General Business - none reported
- Information Systems - $52,134; Median - $50,000
- International Business - $48,333; Median - $48,000
- Management - $45,271; Median - $45,000
- Marketing - $44,970; Median - $42,000
- Retail - $48,333; Median - $45,000
- Transportation Logistics - $48,236; Median - $50,000
- Walton College Undergraduate Average (for all majors) - $47,856; Median - $46,000
MBA Graduates (full-time), Spring 2012
- 88% of graduates responded to the Career Center survey.
- 91% of job seeking graduates were employed at graduation.
- $60,555 is the average salary of those employed at graduation.
- High Salary= $82,000; Low Salary = $35,000; Median = $59,000.
- 75% of graduates were employed in Arkansas.
Business Career Fairs, Fall 2011 and Spring 2012
In February 2012, the Walton College Career Center hosted the spring 2012 Business Career Fair Express at the Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Football Stadium. The event was attended by 92 companies and over 650 students.
In September 2011, the Walton College Career Center hosted the fall 2011 Business Career Fair in Willard J. Walker Hall. The event was attended by over 70 companies and over 600 students.
For information about upcoming Business Career Fairs visit the student page or employer page.
On-campus Interviews/Recruiting, Fall 2012 (as of Nov. 2012)
- Number of companies recruiting on-campus: 69
- Number of on-campus interview schedules: 161
- Number of students interviewed on-campus: 872
Fall 2011 - Spring 2012 Employer Outreach Results
- 828 available job and internship opportunities were posted through the Career Center's online job searching database system, Razorback CareerLink, for business students.
Graduating business students, please tell the Walton College what you are doing after graduation.
Please fill out our Post-graduation Career Survey.