Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference among the three ISYS Major Concentrations?
There are three different concentrations for Information Systems students, and they are listed below:
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Enterprise Systems
- IT Applications Management
View Major Requirements
What is the average starting salary for ISYS graduates?
- Graduates who major in Information Systems on average get three or four job offers each and starting salaries in the $50,000 + range.
What types of careers could I pursue if I earned an ISYS degree?
- Information Systems graduates help businesses solve problems using the latest computer technology. In their roles as Computer Systems Analysts, they meet the individual needs of an organization. They plan and develop new computer systems (hardware and/or devise ways to apply existing systems resources to additional operations).
Examples of real position titles graduates have received in the past are:
o IT Network Engineer
o Business Process Consultant
o Portal Developer
o SAP Functional Specialist
What types of resources are available for ISYS majors?
- The Walton College is the only business school in the world that teaches the systems that are run by Fortune 500 companies-real, large-scale Enterprise Systems like:
- IBM System z10
- Teradata 2650
- Software from SAP and Microsoft
- Large-scale, real-world datasets from Sam’s Club, Tyson Foods, Dillard’s, Walmart, and Acxiom
Are there any opportunities to Study Abroad if I major in ISYS?
Yes, you can go to Greece!