All Walton College students must complete all pre-business requirements with the required grades and grade point average prior to enrollment in junior or senior level business courses in the Walton College. To be eligible to enroll in upper division business courses in the Walton College a student must;
1. Have at least a 2.50 overall grade point average.
2. Have at least a 2.50 pre-business grade point average.
3. Have no grades of "D" in pre-business courses.
Students must also meet these requirements for graduation.
The pre-business core courses are as follows:
To view detailed descriptions of the following Walton College
courses, visit the Catalog of Studies Course Descriptions Page.
- MATH 2053 Finite Math
- ECON 2013 Macroeconomics
- ECON 2023 Microeconomics
- MATH 2043 Survey of Calculus
- COMM 1313 Public Speaking
- WCOB 1120 Computer Competency Requirement
- WCOB 1111 Business Connections
- WCOB 1023 Business Foundations
- WCOB 1012 Legal Environments of Business
- WCOB 1033 Data Analysis & Interpretation
- WCOB 2013 Markets & Consumers
- WCOB 2023 Production & Delivery of Goods & Services
- WCOB 2033 Acquiring & Managing Human Capital
- WCOB 2043 Acquiring & Managing Financial Resources
Junior/Senior Level Courses
Walton College students must complete all pre-business requirements prior to enrollment in junior or senior-level courses in the Walton College.
Non-degree seeking students and students enrolled in other colleges are subject to the same direct course prerequisites as students within the Walton College. Specific exceptions to this policy must be addressed to the Undergraduate Programs advising staff, Business Building 328 or by calling (479) 575-6308.
* Note: A student's official Universuty of Arkansas grade point average (GPA) is based only on grades received at/through the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville. Transfer courses (grades) are not calculated into a students' official University of Arkansas GPA, but will be considered for purposes of meeting pre-business requirements.